Storyboard Artist and Illustrator – Stephanie Skiles
665 Skiles Brown Hollow Road
Charleston, WV, 25311
MY OBJECTIVE: To provide your studio/business with creative, lively and professional storyboards that rival examples seen anywhere in the industry. With a strong artistic foundation and knowledge of both the principles of animation and film production, I will give you storyboards that hold not only character – but ones that are clear that exemplify useful knowledge of both human and non-human figures, and that will continue to be an outstanding addition to your company's resume. I'm also a continuously learning illustration artist - you can see examples of my work on my main page under "illustrations".
Artistic Foundation In Several Mediums
Of the Anatomy of the Human Figure
& Ability To Work Collaboratively
Working In Fast-Paced Environments
and tactful communication skills
Drawing Tablets & Adobe Photoshop
To Communicate Ideas Clearly
Story and Character Through Boards
ability to be proactive
Columbus College of Art and Design – Columbus, oh
Bachelor of fine arts degree – time based media studies, 2006
Sales Representative/WV State Museum Gift
Shop/Tamarack Artisan Center
July 2011 - Present
- Create an aesthetically pleasing environment for customers using product arrangements and color placement.
- Communicate with artisans on a regular basis to ensure product quality and thorough knowledge of craft.
Desk Representative/Charleston Marriott Town Center
2008 – May 2009
Desk Lead/Charleston Marriott Town Center
May 2009 – July 2011
- Promoted after one year of employment due to high recommendations from peers and strong work ethic.
- Represented hotel through quality service, drive to succeed and enthusiastic attitude.
- Supervised four to eight employees per shift– making certain codes of employment were adhered to and enforcing policies of the Marriott franchise.
- Contributed to the smooth operation of a four star, 366 room, full service hotel, by making sure that each arrival and departure experience was satisfactory and taking action to repair broken relationships with disappointed guests.